this picture was taken at the Bentota beach in November 2008

Monday, January 5, 2009

An Angel

When I close my eyes and think about kindness, simplicity, innocence, maturity, endurance, caring, empathy, forgiveness, understanding, protectiveness and almost all the other good things in the world, it’s her; who fills my mind. It’s her pretty, yet innocent face that smiles back at me.

Once something is started, not having a rest until it’s done; bearing everything inside of myself, and putting out a reassuring smile; trying to see what is wrong in me, rather than the other person; in rare occasions that I put out, pouring out like the November rain; perhaps, counting on my own to understand me without much explanations; are just a few of many that I have got from her.

I am not going to, or even trying to express my love or appreciation towards the wonderful lady. Yet, wanted to scribble my thoughts down so that I could state that:
When I close my eyes and think about kindness, understanding, caring, simplicity, innocence, endurance, protectiveness, forgiveness, maturity, empathy and almost all the other good things in the world, it’s her; who fills my mind. It’s her pretty, yet innocent face that smiles back at me.

Once something is started, not having a rest until it’s done; bearing everything inside of myself, and putting out a reassuring smile; trying to see what was wrong in me, rather than the other person; in rare occasions I put out, pouring out like the November rain; perhaps, counting on my own to understand me without much explanations; are just a few of many that I have got from her.

I am not going to or even trying to express my love or appreciation towards the wonderful lady. Yet, wanted to scribble my thoughts down so that I could state that:
“An Angel has one name but a mother as motherly as you, have many including that of an angel!"

I am the luckiest to have you in my life. I love you ma!